Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Home Owner's Associations

When we moved to our current home, I told my husband I wanted to be in a neighborhood with a Home Owner's Association. You may or may not know this, but some HOAs charge and others do not. Some are made up of a group of homeowners that just want to keep their properties or neighborhood looking neat. 
Our current home does have a HOA that we pay for in the form of monthly dues. The dues cover a gated entrance, an HOA office and staff, and upkeep of the front yards of all the homes plus a neighborhood park. I really love it because it is stress-free and it keeps everything looking nice when people come over to visit. 
I have had clients say that they would never buy a home with a Home Owner's Association. I understand this as well because there are a lot of rules and regulations that come with it, like what color you can paint your house and if you can park your car on the street. 
Check out this info graphic to see where Americans in general stand on the subject:







No comments:

Post a Comment