Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Best Home Upgrade for the Money

I love Money magazine. Mostly because a huge portion of it is usually dedicated to talking about home values, home upgrades, and what the median (not just home values but also incomes, weather, and other pertinent information to where people might want to live) information is in different parts of the United States. It is a great resource for information! Especially if you are a home owner or thinking about becoming one (and also if you want to figure out what to do with your money 😃). I read it religiously. 

I found this article in Money last night, and I had to share! My clients are always asking what upgrades/updates they can do that will give them the most return when they go to sell their home and I know a lot of the time, people are worried that they won't see the return that they put into their investment. 
Below I have put an excerpt from the article because I was truly shocked at the one thing that the writer of the article, Shaina Mishkin, has said that sellers will see the most value and I couldn't wait to share it with you guys, and later my clients!
 Full article is here






Kick up your curb appeal

$3,470
If there’s one rule of thumb when it comes to home renovations, it’s that less is more. In fact, the project that delivers the best value of all, according to Remodeling Magazine’s 2018 Cost vs. Value report, is the humble garage door.
The all-in cost of replacing an outdated garage door with an upscale steel model boosts your home’s value by 98.3% of what it costs to install. In other words, a $3,470 garage door will really set you back only $60 when you put your house on the market.
“If you’re going to sell [anytime soon], this gives you almost immediate return,” says appraiser Murrett.
There are other benefits too—like improved insulation, especially in colder states—which can lower your energy bill.


Great Advice!
Click here for the full article from Money!
You can subscribe to Money here! (This is not a paid ad, I just really think this is a great resource!)



No comments:

Post a Comment