Monday, November 6, 2017

Soups to Warm You Up on Those Chilly Fall Nights

Fall is officially here! 🍁🍂 The leaves are falling off the trees, it's finally sweater weather, and we just had our first rainstorm of the season! I celebrated the rain by making a delicious, warm soup and so I wanted to share a round up of some of my favorite soups with you all so you don't have to try to figure out where to start when the rain heads your way! Soup is my husband's all-time favorite food - he could eat it every night of the week - so I am constantly looking for new recipes to cook up!

Last night, I made a fabulous soup from one of my favorite bloggers, Chungah Rhee - the brains behind Damndelicious.net. I just found out too that she has her very own cookbook! I will be adding that to my Christmas list! Anyway, I had pinned her Chicken and Wild Rice soup to make on a rainy day, and since just such an occasion was here, I decided to make it. It was a hit! You can get the recipe here. Since we are going through a kitchen remodel, and don't have a stove right now, this worked perfectly in the crock pot. I left out the milk/flour portion of this soup and just added an extra 2 cups of chicken broth. It was perfect!


Another of my go-to favorites when it's cold out is Pea Soup. A few years ago, I had a bag of peas from when we had stopped at Pea Soup Andersen's and I was looking around for something to put in the soup. All I had was a container of ham sandwich meat from the store so I said, what the heck, I'll try it! I came up with this recipe, and I've never looked back! It is so easy and so good! My husband and I both love Pea Soup so I try to make it at least a couple times a year.





I have made this copy cat Zuppa Toscana from Spend with Pennies many times. It may be my all time favorite soup! There is also a low-carb version here that I have been meaning to try, but I just love the original so much I just haven't gotten around to it! I use spicy Italian sausage in my version, and tons of red pepper - my husband likes spice! If you are looking for a milder soup, I would omit the red peppers and garlic altogether. This is a hearty soup that so many people can enjoy! We love it in our house.


Zuppa Toscana is quick and easy to make at home and delicious! Loaded with sausage, potatoes and bacon, this is definitely a crowd pleaser!

Here is a soup that looks absolutely amazing that I have been meaning to try: this Bean and Bacon Soup by Deborah at Taste and Tell. I love bacon and this soup looks hearty and like it would warm you right up on a cold night! I can't wait to try it!

Skip the can - this Homemade Bean and Bacon Soup is hearty and filling and filled with veggies and chunks of bacon!



If you like Mexican food, this one is for you: this Chicken Avocado Lime Soup from Cooking Classy is one of my all-time favorite soups! It is absolutely delicious. It is loaded full of chunky avocado, chicken, cilantro, and tomatoes and basically tastes just like a street taco in soup form. And I love street tacos! I like to eat this soup with chips and dip the chips in the warm broth and gets tons of chunks of avocado on my chip. It is so good! 

Chicken Avocado Lime Soup | Cooking Classy


I hope this list helped you get inspired for fall and the cold weather. I know sometimes a good soup recipe is all you need to get through a cold winter night! Let me know if any of these recipes work out for you or if you have any other great ones to share!




No comments:

Post a Comment