Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Choosing Cabinet Hardware


As I mentioned in a few previous posts, we are going through a rigorous kitchen remodel right now! We have our new appliances sitting in the garage, the counter tops have been installed, and we are waiting for the guys to come and do a few cabinet modifications like adding crown molding, etc. Then the next steps will be adding our new back splash and painting the cabinets a nice, rich color that compliments both our new counter tops and the floors we had installed in February.

Here is a sneak preview of what the guest bathroom and laundry room look like, so you can see the quartz counters we chose and what the cabinets (oak) look like right now.




For the paint color in these rooms, I am going with Kelly-Moore Winter's Park . In the kitchen, I will do Kelly-Moore Not My Fault - since it is brighter and sunnier in there, I feel like I can go with a slightly darker color.

Image result for kelly moore winter's park Related image


For cabinet hardware, I am having a super hard time deciding on what to get. All other fixtures in the house are oil-rubbed bronze. I would have loved to go with brass for the remodel, but it is trendy right now and I feel like it would be outdated so fast. So, bronze it is.

I have been sending options to my husband to get his opinion. I sent him a hammered option, since I know he likes that look and of course he loved it! That was his favorite one. Dang it, I hate that look.
They look like this:


I guess they are not too terrible. I would put these knobs on the cabinet doors and find matching handles to put on the drawers. I had always hoped to get all handles for drawers and doors but I actually saw the look the other day at someone's house and I decided it looked way too busy.

Here is my favorite option:


Aren't these the cutest? They are actually really clear/white. This picture makes them look sort of gray. What I really love about how these are shown online is that they show them on dark and light colored cabinet doors so I already know they will look good! Plus they are adorable! My husband hates the glass knobs so I am thinking a good compromise would be to do glass in the bathroom and/or laundry room and do something else in the kitchen. I really do usually like to stick to all one thing but maybe I can break my own rule this time!

Here is another glass option that I found for the bathroom/laundry room:

Cosmas 6377ORB-C Oil Rubbed Bronze Cabinet Hardware Square Knob with Clear Glass - 1-3/8" Square


I also can't help but like the clean, modern look of these ones as well:

10 Pack Oil Rubbed Bronze 1-1/8" (30mm) Square Kitchen Cabinet Drawer Hardware Pull Knobs 1023-30



I also found these, which I actually really like:

Ancient Treasures Rustic Hammered C023ORB Oil Rubbed Bronze 1 1/4" Pull Knob  Ancient Treasures Rustic Hammered C047ORB Oil Rubbed Bronze 3"cc Bar Pull

I think these almost pewter-looking knobs and handles would be a great compromise! They are not too manly and I think they have an almost old-fashioned look to them that I think is very chic and sophisticated and would go really well with the clean look of our counters and our black granite sink. 

Which is your favorite?


I can't wait to show off our finished product! Only a few more weeks until everything is done!













No comments:

Post a Comment