Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Skinny Kung Pao Chicken

Anyone who knows me knows that I always have to get Kung Pao chicken whenever I eat at a Chinese restaurant.
I had discovered the most delicious version I have ever had at Nomad Asian Bistro in Long Beach, when visiting my sister-in-law. Recently, I had a chance to try it again, and I realized what is so delightfully perfect about it. The restaurant chef does not add any additional vegetables to his version, so the chicken is perfectly crispy, as it should be. Adding vegetables to this dish adds moisture that, in my opinion, really shouldn't be there.
I wanted to eat the whole plate.

This recipe is a mixed version of Nomad's and a skinny Kung Pao sauce that I made up. I hope you like it!


Ingredients:

2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 Cup Peanuts
1/2 Cup Green Onions, diced


For the sauce:

2 Tbsp Siracha
2 Tbsp Chili Paste
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Honey



Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Then place the cubed chicken in a larger bowl and cover with all of the sauce and stir so that the chicken is covered thoroughly. Place the sauce covered chicken in a non-stick frying pan on the stove on medium heat until chicken is almost cooked through. Then add peanuts and green onions. Finish sauteing all ingredients until chicken is cooked all the way through.

For an even less calorie meal, substitute peanuts with water chestnuts.




I like to serve this dish with a side of brown rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment