Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts

I love brussel sprouts. Maybe I'm weird, I don't know. But I have always thought they taste so good. The way I usually make them is sauteed in a frying pan with a little lemon juice and minced garlic, served hot with grated Parmesan cheese on top. Mm! But then my sister-in-law served them wrapped in bacon one time and she had cooked them in the oven. And they were soo good!!

I wanted to make something special for Valentine's Day yesterday, and my husband loves bacon and brussel sprouts just as much as I do. So it was a match made in heaven. I made up my own recipe and these came out absolutely TO DIE FOR. 



For this recipe, you will need: 
9 Brussel Sprouts
9 Pieces of Thick Cut Bacon

That's it! Some toothpicks would be helpful. 

Start by grabbing a baking tray and lining it with aluminum foil. Cut each brussel sprout in half. Cut each piece of bacon in half. Wrap each 1/2 piece of bacon around 1/2 brussel sprout. If it seems loose, you can secure it with a toothpick. Your end result should look like this:



This serves about 2 people who really love bacon and brussel sprouts. You can double or triple the recipe if you are serving more people or if this is an appetizer. 

Bake at 375 Degrees for 30 minutes and then Broil on high for an additional 2 minutes. Do not exceed this time. These times will cook the brussel sprouts to absolute perfection! Chewy, buttery soft brussel sprouts and crispy bacon. 




Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment