Friday, December 29, 2017

Best of 2017

As 2017 comes to a close and I reflect on the past year, I cannot help but think about what a great (but super fast!) year it was. I am excited for what 2018 will bring, but I also wanted to take a moment to share a few things I learned this year and the best of 

Image result for 2017


Favorite Property:

3542 Rocky Ridge Way, El Dorado Hills

  

This home was custom built on a gorgeous lot in El Dorado Hills and we had the buyer for the transaction. We had been working with them for a long time and this was their dream house! The views off the back are spectacular - you can see all the way to Sacramento. The best part was, we made lifelong friends. 


Best Recipe:

This recipe I found this year for Gingerbread Cake from Salt and Baker is so perfect and delicious! It is light and airy and tastes just like a gingerbread cookie! I made many rounds of this cake to give away this year and it was extremely popular. I can't wait to make it again next year!

A beautiful gingerbread bundt cake on a cake stand, with olive branches laying at the base of the cake.


Best Gift Received:


We had been searching for the perfect espresso machine, and this is it! We received it for Christmas and haven't stopped using it since. My husband uses it multiple times a day - it does everything! It will be our most used gift this coming year. 

Nespresso Breville Creatista Plus Espresso Maker




5 Favorite Finds: 

1. Thriftbooks - If you are like me and you love reading, then this is the site for you! This is a great place to get discounted books for super cheap! Plus, if they don't have the exact book you are looking for or for the price you want, you can add it to your "wish list", and they will email you notifications so you can see when it comes in. They also have free shipping on orders over $10. Um, yes!

2. Alarm.com - If you are looking for a low-cost but still super effective home security system, this is it. You pick your provider (we use GeoArm), and then alarm.com will provide the service. Is is a lot cheaper than some of the bigger companies and you also have the options to control your lights, thermostat and more!

3. Granite Outlet - After searching and searching for the exact right kitchen counters, we found this place, which I believe was actually recommended to me by my aunt (she knows all the best places!). This place has pre-fabricated stuff already on hand and it is seriously so cheap! It was so much cheaper than buying a marble or granite slab somewhere else and having them cut it and hone it. I will always recommend them from now on. 

4. This All-Clad Non-Stick Double Burner Griddle has made my life so much easier this year! If you don't have one, I highly recommend you get one, or one like it! I use it for everything! Frying bacon, "grilling" chicken, vegetables, eggs, literally everything! It makes meals so easy! 

5. Amazon Prints - Did you know Amazon (as well as literally doing everything else) also does printing? They will do holiday cards, canvas prints, photos, calendars, and more! I just recently found this out and wanted to share for those of you who didn't know! I can't wait to try them out!


Favorite Book:

Truly Madly Guilty   Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty - Such a good read - it is witty and will also make you cry! I recommend it for anyone who loves a great story. 

5 Favorite Restaurant Finds:

1. Sourdough & Co - El Dorado Hills - Delicious Sandwiches!

2. Emperor's Garden - Folsom - Our new favorite Chinese go-to!

3. Umi Sushi - El Dorado Hills - Fast service and almost the entire menu is 50% off!

4.  36 Handles Pub - El Dorado Hills - Great for Happy Hour or anytime, delicious pub food and drinks!

5. Taqueria El Dorado - El Dorado Hills - The #1 Spot for Mexican food in El Dorado Hills. So good!

Best Hike: 

Lyons Creek Trail, Kyburz - Such a beautiful hike in the mountains and not too strenuous! I have done this trail several times but this year I took my husband and he absolutely loved it! There are so many wildflowers to see! 






2017 has been such a great year! I am excited to see what 2018 has to offer. I hope you all had a wonderful year as well- it has been great to share my moments with you this past year and I can't wait to share more as our remodel of our house progresses and we keep moving forward on this journey we call life. 
Have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve and I will see you next year!











No comments:

Post a Comment